The 4th European Pulse-Plating Seminar on the 5th of March 2010 in the Dachsaal of the Vienna Urania was as successful as in the previous years. 13 international presentations of leading experts on pulse plating formed the framework of the conference. Approximately 60 participants joined a open discussion in a very relaxed atmosphere about questions regarding the industrial application of pulse plating. Again participants from numerous European countries attended the seminar this year.
As well as in the past years the lectures were followed by exciting discussions. After the seminar the discussions were continued in a more informal surrounding at a typical Viennese Heurigen.
- Dr. Laszlo Peter (Hungarian Academy of Science, H)
Application of pulse plating for codeposition of immiscible metals: Deposit properties and trends of the structure formation
- Prof. Dr. Magda Lakatos Varsanyi (Bay Zoltan Foundation, H)
Pulse plating of antimicrobial silver nanocoatings
- Dr. Matilda Zemanova ( Slovak University of Technology, SK)
Nickel pigmented alumina films
- Dr. Wolfgang E.G. Hansal (Happy Plating, A)
Pulse plating of nickel-base alloys
- Dr. Sarah Ward-Jones (University of Bristol, GB)
Alloys by precision electrodeposition
- Dr. Naroa Imaz Molina (CIDETEC, E)
Mechanical and corrosion properties of double-layer nickel coatings obtained by pulse plating techniques
- Prof. Dr. Peter Leisner (SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden/Jönköping University, SE)
Survey of pulse plating of copper from sulphuric acid solutions.
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Paatsch (BAM Berlin, D)
Pulse plating in respect to hydrogen embrittlement
- Prof Dr. Peter Farr (University of Birmingham, GB)
Electrode kinetics and the control of electroplating silver from cyanide solution
- Prof. Dr. Antonello Vicenzo (Politecnico di Milano, I)
Morphology and grain size of pulse plated tin
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kautek (Universität Wien, A)
Pulse laser electrochemistry: a potential approach to micro pulse plating
- Prof. Dr. Sudipta Roy (University of Newcastle, GB)
Mathematical models for pulse plating of alloys
Some relevant companies in the field of pulse plating were exhibiting their products (in alphabetical order):
- Hirtenberger Engineered Surfaces GmbH
Development, prototyping and industrial application of pulse plating and other pulsed processes
- Ingenieurbüro Peter Schrems
Modular engineering for electrochemical measurement
- L-Chem Inc.
Inventor of Cell-Design, the leading simulation software for the calculation and optimisation of electrochemical processes. The distributing partner in Europe is Hirtenberger Engineered Surfaces GmbH (www.happyplating.at)
- Plating Electronic
German producer of a broad variety of pulse rectifiers
Photos of the event 2010
Click on a thumbnail for a larger image.
Due to the continuous great success and the very positive feedback of the participants the European Pulse Plating Seminar will continue. The first week of March will be kept as the date of the event.