The 6th European Pulse Plating Seminar took place in the historic Congress Casino Baden on the 7th of march 2014. As in the previous years we heard 15 comprehensive and cutting-edge presentations from leading experts on pulse plating. For the first time also two young colleagues had the chance to presentate the results of their PhD thesis as part of the fundamental section.
Aproximately 65 international participants joined the open disscusions about questions about realisation of the method in industrial production. The plenary lectures were supplemented by poster presentations of relevant equipment suppliers. In good tradition the seminar was followed by interesting discussions between particpants and lecturers at a typical Viennese restaurant.
- Prof Dr. Andreas Bund (TU Ilmenau, GER)
Pulse deposition of reactive elements and compounds
- Dr. Wolfgang E.G. Hansal (Happy Plating, AUT)
Nanocrystalline coatings via pulse plating – justification and future of pulsed electrodeposition?
- Dr. Eva Garcia Lecina (Cidetec, ES)
Chemometrics applied to NiW electroplating by pulse plating techniques
- Prof. Dr. Peter Leisner (SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden/Jönköping University, SWE)
Controlling throwing power of functional silver by pulse reverse plating
- Mag. Rudi Mann (Happy Plating, AUT)
Effect of current pulses on the properties of PEO layers
- Dipl.-Ing. Günther Mollath (Fraunhofer Institute Berlin, GER)
Modelling of complex relations between pulse-plating and surface performances - basics and applications
- Berna Özkale (ETH Zürich, CH)
One-pot synthesis of multilayer magnetic metallopolymer nanocomposite by pulse electrodeposition
- Prof Dr. Wolfgang Paatsch (BAM Berlin, GER)
The German Turnaround in Energy – A Challenge for Surface Technology
- Prof Dr. Evangelia Pavlatou (National Technical University of Athens, GR)
Electrodeposition of Nickel-alloy coatings reinforced by TiO2 nanoparticles: Mechanical and self-cleaning properties
- Dr. Laszlo Peter (Hungarian Academy of Science, HUN)
Comparison of d.c. plating and pulse plating of Ni, Fe and Fe-Ni alloys
- Natalia Reim (Saint-Gobain, GER)
Double-Pulse method - A new way to control electrodeposition of nanocatalysts
- Prof Dr. Sudipta Roy (University of Newcastle, UK)
Novel approaches on Pulsing for Industrial Scale Applications
- Dr. Ingolf Scharf (TU Chemnitz, GER)
Pulse analysis for the determination of adsorption characteristics of organic surfactants
- Dr. Salvador Pané Vidal (ETH Zürich, CH)
Fabrication of segmented FeCo/Cu nanowires by pulse electrodeposition
Some relevant companies in the field of pulse plating were exhibiting their products (in alphabetical order):
- Dynatronix Inc
US producer of pulse rectifiers
- Hirtenberger Engineered Surfaces GmbH
Development, prototyping and industrial application of pulse plating and other pulsed processes
- Magneto special anodes B.V.
Development, production and sale of anodes for the electrochemical industry
- Plating Electronic
German producer of a broad variety of pulse rectifiers
Photos of the event 2014
Click on a thumbnail for a larger image.