The 5th European Pulse-Plating Seminar on the 9th of March 2012 in the celebration hall of the castle in Perchtoldsdorf was as successful as in the previous years. 15 comprehensive and cutting-edge presentations of Europe´s leading experts on pulse plating formed the framework of the conference. More than 80 participants from 14 European countries and the USA indicated their interest in this unique symposium.
The plenary lectures were accomplished by poster presentations of young European scientists, technicians and suppliers.
Simultaneously the chief editor Herbert Käszmann from the Eugen G. Leuze Verlag presented the authors Prof. Dr. Sudipta Roy and Dr. Wolfgang Hansal the recently published book „Pulse Plating“.
As well as in the past years the lectures were followed by exciting discussions. After the seminar the conversations were continued at a typical wine tavern in Perchtoldsdorf.
- Dr. Andreas Bund (TU Ilmenau, D)
Pulse plating in ionic liquids
- Prof. Dr. Pietro Cavallotti (Politecnico di Milano, I)
Pulse plating of alloys
- Prof. Dr. Peter Farr (University of Birmingham, GB)
Contemporary trends in the application of pulse-plating
- Dr. Wolfgang E.G. Hansal (Happy Plating, A)
Pulse Plating and its industrial relevance
- Dr. Naroa Imaz-Molina (CIDETEC, E)
Chemometrics applied to functional chromium electroplating by pulse plating techniques
- Prof. Dr. Magda Lakatos Varsanyi (Bay Zoltan Foundation, H)
Prevention of disease with pulse plated silver coatings
- Dr. Stella Spanou / Prof. Dr. Peter Leisner (SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden/Jönköping University, SE)
Pulse plating of Ni-SiC composite coatings
- Dr. Carlos Müller Jevenois (Universiy of Barcelona, E)
Nanocrystalline CoP coatings -from macro to nano structures
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Paatsch (BAM Berlin, D)
Pulse Anodisation – what is the benefit
- Prof. Dr. Euaggelia Pavlatou (University of Athens, GR)
Electrodeposition of Nickel-based coatings and nanostructures: effect of pulse current parameters on structure and properties
- Prof. Dr. László Peter (Hungarian Academy of Science, H)
Comparison of the in-depth component distribution of pulse-plated and d.c.-plated alloys
- Prof. Dr. Rimantas Ramanauskas (Institute of Chemistry, LT)
Structural and corrision characterization of pulse plated Zn and Zn-alloy coatings
- Andreas Reichenbach (Plating Electronic GmbH, D)
Pulse rectifier systems
- Prof. Dr. Sudipta Roy (University of Newcastle, GB)
Cu-Sn deposition from methane sulphonic acid by current pulses
- Dr. Matilda Zemanova (Slovak University of Technology, SK)
Relaxing time in periodic reverse electrodeposition of anodic alumina for solar absorbers
Some relevant companies in the field of pulse plating were exhibiting their products (in alphabetical order):
- Dynatronix Inc
US producer of pulse rectifiers
- Hirtenberger Engineered Surfaces GmbH
Development, prototyping and industrial application of pulse plating and other pulsed processes
- Ingenieurbüro Peter Schrems
Modular engineering for electrochemical measurement
- Plating Electronic
German producer of a broad variety of pulse rectifiers
Photos of the event 2012
Click on a thumbnail for a larger image.
Due to the continuous great success and the very positive feedback fo the participants the European Pulse Plating Seminar will continue. The firest week of March will be kept as the date of the event.